Connecting 2 monitors and a TV to Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition

adrianc1

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hey Guys,

So I have a Samsung 24" monitor connected to my GPU and an old 19" monitor which i use sometimes when i multitask on my computer and the 24" monitor is connected via a HDMI cable and the 19" is connected via DVI. I also Have a TV that is closer to my bed and at night I go behind my desk and have to unplug the HDMI cable from my GPU and connected the HDMI cable for my TV so that I can watch netflix etc. Over time this got annoying as I have a corner desk and I have to move everything and when I do it at night it gets annoying. So I have bought a male to 2x femal HDMi splitter which looks like this
$_12.JPG

I have connected it to my GPU and it works fine I have the same screen on my TV as I have on the main 24" monitor and the 2nd 19" monitor is working as an additional monitor which is what I wanted, all works fine but when I wanted to play League of Legends i got an error saying that there is problem with Directx which I instantly knew was the problem of the splitter so I have disconnected it and connected the monitor normally and it was working fine again. So I just wanted to ask if there is anything I can do to stop this? I know there is those splitters that I connect using socket and I can switch whether I want to use Output 1 or 2 but I dont want to was any more money as I have also previously bought a Display port to HDMI which also didint work as my GPu does not support 3 individual monitors and I dont want to waste any more money and have all these unneeded thing laying around.
Is there any way I can use the monitor and TV without having the DIrectx problem?
Thats what my setup looks like
lNXJb8.jpg

Most likely a HDCP problem. The splitter doesn't support the copy protection handshake with two monitors, because that's forbidden. Ho many ports do you have on your 7770? You should have enough ports to connect all the monitors. Maybe you need one DP-to-HDMI cable.

adrianc1

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I have A DP, 1x Hdmi and 1x DVI. I have used A DP to HDMI as I said above but it doesn't work. It comes out with an error what I want to extend the screen in screen properties and it doesnt not let me apply the setting and when i read online it said that my GPU might not support 3 individual monitors

Well, you may need an active dp-to-hdmi adapter. It may also work with a dvi-i-to-vga cable for the 19".

adrianc1

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Yeah I was thinking about that but the cables are expensive so i rather just go over my desk and switch the cables my self and yeah I have a DVI to 2x VGI so i might try that aswell and see how that would work. Will still try to ask around if anyone maybe had the same problem.