Could someone recommend me a good PSU at around 50$?

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
As the title sais, i might have a dying PSU, its fan is making a strange noise, and sometimes a grinding one on daily first startup. I don't want to wait till it dies, so could any of you recommend a good brand, or a model for around 50$?
The specs: AMD FX6200, ASUS HD7770 2GB - 1020Mh, 8GB ram - 1stick, 2 case fans, a Corsair SSD, Hitachi HDD and an optical drive.

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Ahh, its so frustrating, my parents don't know anything about computers and they said we are not going to change the PSU until its broken. So bad that i don't have my own income yet. I fear that the PSU might take the MB or something else with it. Is there a failsafe in these stuffs in case of a fan stop?

Most (good quality) PSU's have built in protection against overloads etc and then they will (or should) switch off automatically.

ATX is the standard size for most motherboards and cases.

The VP series of PSU's are considered to be about average quality. Maybe OK to provide low loads, but they may not last for very long due to lower grade.

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
I think that this case + PSU together was like 40$, so i don't know the worth of the PSU, maybe 20$ :( Its Kraun brand.

PSU's that come with cases are usually of low quality and unreliable. They may also damage other components by outputting unstable power.

Very strongly advise against using or buying low quality PSU's. Always use good or high quality PSU's that supply stable power to components.