Low FPS at GTA IV and FarCry 4

felikwardana

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
well i have this
CPU : i3 3240 4CPUs 3.40 GHz
RAM : 4 GB DDR3
GPU : GeForce GT 730 2GB SDDR3 128bit (Brand : I**o3d)

i handle easily several games like GRID2, GRID Autosport (high 30-40 fps), mostwanted 2012 (med-high 30-35 fps), and TES Skyrim & TES Online (high-ultra 35-45 fps).

but unfortunately i have an old games GTA IV the i install it, but whe i run at the high setting it locks at 20-30 fps, why?

and i bought the new Farcry 4 not two weeks ago, i try tu run it, even i set it at lowest, its never reach 30 fps, difference is just when i play it in high setting it down to 20 fps, so the lowest setting make 10 fps better. but i saw someone upload a video on youtube, he plays farcry 4 in gt 730 (the specs almost like my specs) he says the setting at high-ultra and he run it at 30-45 fps???. can someone tell me why????, is that nvidia game ready affected???

felikwardana

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
i run it with the original drivers dvd included in the product, but there is someone tell me to download nvidia 347.25 whql driver

You do not have a very powerful system. The graphics card is quite slow. You don't meet the minimum requirements that Far Cry 4 asks for either: http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/far-cry-4/system-requirements.

And there is no way a GT 730 is playing Far Cry 4 at those settings. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/far-cry-4-benchmark-performance-review,4019-3.html
Your GT 730 is faster than the 240, and slower than the 650 in the list.

felikwardana

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015

no, i use original drivers dvd includen in the product, i never try to intall latest drivers, because another game just run normally, is that make changes if i update my drivers???

felikwardana

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015

well so if i don't upgrade my gpu, is there anyway i can play it at least more than 30 fps, because i've been played farcry 3 smoothly at high settings.
and i have a budget here, i want to buy a new gpu, but this is just enough to buy GTX 750, is that gpu enough to play farcry 4 and upcoming game like GTA V, and TES IV. (well i think my processor is enough, just need more ram)

getdamafiaonyou

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

Yes, update your drivers, you should always make sure youre using the most recent drivers.

The good news is that even though your i3 is two cores with HT, it does support Far Cry 4 reasonably: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/far-cry-4-benchmark-performance-review,4019-4.html

But as I mentioned, your GPU is very poor, but you can play at low settings, just make sure to update your drivers from geforce.com.

And yes, a GPU upgrade would be a very good thing. The 730 is not much of a gaming card, which is why finding benchmarks for it is tough.

felikwardana

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015

ok i will try this first before i decide to bought new gpu

felikwardana

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015

maybe i try to update my drivers first, cuz i want to get more money to bought the latest GTX 960, but my i3, the dxdiag tell me that its 4CPUs, is that 4 core?

It should report as 2 cores, or 4 threads. Hyperthreading allows for 2 threads per core. i3's are two core CPU's, and almost all use hyperthreading.

felikwardana

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015

yes, you right, i check it at google, i tells me 2 core 4 threads.
can i ask you one thing? my OS is Win 8.1 x64, is that better than use win 7 x64?