Upgraded system good for 4+ years gaming?

marcd89

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Hi guys so I posted a while back regarding advice on a upgrade. I have settled into what i think will be a good system for the coming generation of games and would appreciate some final input on my upgrades.

Purchasing from listed stores where applicable.

CPU - I5-4690K Devils Canyon (OCUK)
CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 Evo (Cheapest website)
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5 (OCUK)
Motherboard - TBD
RAM - DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz
SSD - Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5” 7mm SSD
PSU - 600+ PSU (Brand etc TBD)

I'm over my budget here but I felt I may try and make the system as future proof I can as I'm not a person who likes to upgrade alot, I could go a cheaper GPU for now and upgrade later but not sure the point in it.

Anyways if anyone has any recommendations for the Motherboard or any other part would be fanastic as I'm really not sure what motherboard I should purchase. The games i play mostly are Total War games, Battlefield series, Bioware games Mass Effect/Dragon Age and would like to get GTA 5. So these are really games I'm using as a benchmark.

Thoughts?

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Just be sure to buy a good mid range board, they tend to be the least likely to fail of all components. Remember though, there really is no such thing as future proofing your build, get the best you can right now. On the other hand your build should pull you through the next 4 years without upgrading. Any longer than that may require a new graphics card.

My previous build pulled me through 10 years of gaming, the only upgrade I had made to it was the GPU and only once. It was an old quad core phenom, 6GB DDR2 memory, a 500GB HDD, 430W power supply, originally with an ATI Radeon 3870x2 until it died, then a GTX 650 SC. Still play any game until I got a 1080p display.