1 x 3D monitor in a 3 monitor setup.

Doc Thumper

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
So I'm interested in 3D gaming and was wondering if I will be able to replace my primary monitor (Samsung Syncmaster B2330) with a 3D ready 24" monitor ( say the Acer GN246HL) and replace my 2 auxiliary monitors ( 2 x Samsung Syncmaster B2030) with 2 x 24" monitors with all 3 running in 1920 x 1080? Primary will be for gaming ( hence the interest in 3D ) and web pages, chat programs and such on the other 2 screens. I have 2 x EVGA Geforce GTX 760 cards installed and thought maybe i can run the 3D off of one card, and the 2 auxiliarys off of the other. Not really interested in 3D surround at the moment as my budget wont allow for the money for 3 x 3D monitors (the wife may have a problem with that too possibly lol) Thank you for taking the time to consider this question and I'm looking forward to your responses.

Solution
You (should) be able to run all 3 cards off of one 760. I would recommend using a DisplayPort or Dual-Link DVI to connect the Acer GN246HL, or you won't get 144Hz. The other two monitors can connect over HDMI or DVI port you have left tot he primary card. This will not impact your performance while single monitor gaming.

If you are running 3D, you will want to be running your cards in SLI for the performance, not just "off of one card".

Suffice to say, what you want to do is entirely possible, but SLI/Multi monitor works best when they're all plugged into the same card, but multiple configurations are possible.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround/system-requirements

This website will show you the possible...

CraigN

Distinguished
You (should) be able to run all 3 cards off of one 760. I would recommend using a DisplayPort or Dual-Link DVI to connect the Acer GN246HL, or you won't get 144Hz. The other two monitors can connect over HDMI or DVI port you have left tot he primary card. This will not impact your performance while single monitor gaming.

If you are running 3D, you will want to be running your cards in SLI for the performance, not just "off of one card".

Suffice to say, what you want to do is entirely possible, but SLI/Multi monitor works best when they're all plugged into the same card, but multiple configurations are possible.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround/system-requirements

This website will show you the possible configurations based on your inputs :)

Solution