Monitor holy grail, gaming-fast 27" IPS with G-Sync...is it coming?

NerevarReborn

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
So as title says. I'm thinking about my next monitor. G-Sync just seems too good to miss out on. And I am tired of TN panels with their sub-par colors. Yes, I have compared a lot, I own both types and have in the past too, TN just doesn't cut it for movies and photo-editing for me. I want an IPS panel as my main monitor again, but not like my current 2nd monitor (4 years old 27" 60Hz BenQ), that is slow and ghosts like crazy in games. Beautiful colors/blacks though.

Also, I need 27". No more or less, for my set up 27" is the sweet spot.

So....a fast IPS panel, 27", NOT 4k, but above 1080p, G-Sync and 120Hz. Is it coming? Not sure the definition of fast, but I'm sensitive to ghosting/lag, so I'm guessing at least under 4ms GTG is needed. With other latency stats that would satisfy most gamers. And I really, REALLY, would prefer a stand that has adjustable height like my current Asus.... Gotten so used to it.

Am I reaching for way too much here? I don't need it now thankfully. But this year would be nice.

Oh and another question while I'm at it, do TN panels and IPS panels usually bleed the same ammount close to the edges? My current TN (Asus 144Hz 27") is pretty awfull at this. The edges are bright greyish when all else is dark, bugs me when watching movies with many dark scenes. And one more, dead pixels. I have 2-3 on my 4yo IPS panel, and had a few that went bright on my 2yo TN. Difference is that the bright ones on the TN could be fixed and now work again. The IPS have 2-3 dark ones, that are forever dead. Also bugs me. Do TN and IPS panels generally have faulty pixels just as much or is one less prone than the other?