Need help with laptop, bluray and TV streaming for Netfix.

flutiegurl

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
My laptop is an HP dv4, my TV is a 55" Mitsubishi, and my bluray is a Philips (HTS3051B) with a surround sound system connected to it, and all are HDMI ready.

In order to stream Netflix to my TV, I was told to leave the bluray system as is and simply connect the laptop to my TV via HDMI. I did this, can get a picture but no audio. I have been on this for 5 days straight with no resolution. Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

The bluray is already plugged into the TV via an HDMI cable. When I plug one end of another HDMI cable into my laptop, and the other end into my TV, I can get streaming movies from my laptop...... but there is NO audio!

I am beyond frustrated with this, 5 days and no audio. I sure could use some advice. I just cannot understand why there is no audio playing with the movie I've been successful at streaming to my TV via Netflix. :heink:

Thanks for any help someone can give me.

flutiegurl

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
I wish it was this simple problem but there is no muting of my laptop. The volume comes in nice and clear on it, and all is set at max volume settings. Just won't go thru to the TV. Thanks, though, for checking.