First Gaming PC build, feedback please

iggy684

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
This is going to be my first gaming/workstaion pc build. Just wondering if it is a good build. Plan on SLI in the future and hoping my PSU would be sufficient enough.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dMNPGX

Was also wondering if i would need more case fans for cooling and what would be a good idea in putting LEDs to make it "flash".

Rocking Durgesh

Reputable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2014
Solid built bro. ... No issues at all. ... PSU will be more more than enough.... Actually no needof extra fans but if you want to install for cool look to pc them youcan. ...This will be extreme PC. ... good luck, happy building. ....:p

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
The build is more than fine, that is a beast.
A few recommendations though:
That cooler is pretty decent, however, for a build with that budget why not an AIO water cooling? like the H100i or something from CoolerMaster?
Also, windows...? Think about if you wanna really buy that, I say no more :)

Other than that the build is perfect, you can latter add a second GTX980 because you still have power to spare on that PSU and you can easly upgrade RAM, good buy :)

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
About the LED's, trust me on this, I've build more that 20 builds by now, 3 of them for me.
The first one had LED's, the second not anymore, the third is completly dark. Why? Because LED's just get so tiring after they are novelty

iggy684

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
Thanks guys for the response. I can't wait to start building on this! Also i wasn't sure if I should do water cooling or just stick with air cooling. I think it would look a whole lot better with the H100i though! Think i will get the H100i :)

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Believe me, with a budget like that water cooling is the way to go, it looks much better in a system, weights less on the motherboard if the system is upright and is, most of the times, quiet (except for some pumps that are audible like my H100 but the H100i doesn't have that problem).
Not to forget the performance of the cooler is better, it's pricier, yes, but it's totally worth it.

AnthoRasher

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
I think two 970s would perform better than a single 980. I think it would be the better way to go for only 50$ more

AirSKiller

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

Yes, but it's better to buy the best single GPU card you can afford and then, latter, add another one.
If he buys 2 GTX970 now instead of one 980 he then has to replace both of them if he wants more performance (because 3-way SLI is basically a waste of money).
Not even to mention the stupid amount of games that do not support SLI/Crossfire at all. So it would run with only 1 GTX970