I like games but I can´t play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
Hello guys ! :hello:
So,just as the thread title says,I love video games,I love PirateBay and I love to buy PC and PS3 games but...I never play them,I waste my money on them,I like to know that they´re mine hahahaha but I never play none of them. :fou:

It wasn´t always like this,I used to love games/gaming but since I´ve built a pretty decent Gaming PC,now all I do is collect games and waste money,instead of playing them. :pfff: My PC can run almost every game out there on ULTRA totally playable.

Sometimes I play Metro 2033,Darksiders and God of War III but I´m not lasting longer than 10-15 minutes,I´m getting so bored....Anyone could recommend me a game as Empire Earth 1 or Diablo 2 and stuff like that ? :pt1cable:
Fun games but with nice graphics.What about Portal 2 ?
How do you call them ? MMO ? RPGs ?

By the way,I´m 21 and this is NO problem at all,not playing games anymore,I´m just bored as usual and I said : ´´What the heck,let´s see what these guys can tell me(or laugh of me) ´´ .

I am bored with a lot of my games too.

That being said, I got some good play time lately out of Dragon Age Origins, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. You may want to read up on those and give one of them a try.

Amalur is an Action RPG I guess you could say, kinda like Bioshock or Skyrim.

Deus Ex is a FPS with stealth, kinda like Vampire Bloodlines.

Dragon Age has a single player controlling 4 RPG characters at once, kinda like Baldurs Gate games.

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
Dude,thanks a lot.
I´ll have a go with Dragon Age.
Kingdoms of Amalur looks sick :)

I have played Skryim but not much,the first GO was a total FAIL.
I was like...I don´t like this,no sir ! I REALLY DON´T LIKE THIS !
In 10 minutes I was done with Skyrim....for good !

What can you tell me about Warhammer ? That sh-t looks sick ! :)

Amalur is kinda sorta similar to Skyrim. A lot of people wish that Skyrim were more like Amalur.

Anyway, if you absolutely hate Skyrim, you may want to avoid Amalur, but I personally found the gameplay to be quite interesting all the way up until near the end. I used a regular strength based fighter with a regular longsword when I played through. If I was doing it again I would probably use daggers instead with the way that combat damage works.

Not sure what the GO is you are referring to, so I can't really tell you if/how Amalur would differ or resemble that.

I haven't played Warhammer myself, so I can't really comment on that.

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
By the way,you guys can recommend me any game you want,power is not a problem,my system is pretty capable,the problem is ME ! :)

PS:I´ve played all known to people/famous games and nothing got me addict so far:

BF3-Not my style,although I like to see it maxed out(not play it) :)
Skyrim-Well...but no !
MW3-What the...?
Crysis-Are you kidding me ? Just a city and an island ? Korean plot ? :)
Batman-Yeah,right...
Mass Effect 3-......boring as fck
Bulletstorm-Nice game,really nice but after a couple of hours I got bored.

Well,since I love Empire Earth and Warhammer,Spellforce and things like that,I guess RPG/RTS is my style !

Any good RPG/RTS games,friends?

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

I meant that I´ll give a go with Dragon Age,I´ll check it out,looks pretty nice :)

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

One more thing.
I love Fallout 3,is amazing,got me so freaking addicted,I enjoyed every moment ´till the end of the game.

The question is: Should I buy Fallout:New Vegas ? :D

I played all the way through Dragon Age Origins and some of the DLCs, its a nice game, but kinda frustrating sometimes.

Save your game often because Dragon Age is hard. If the enemy units aggro on your healer, it can easily cause your party to wipe. I used 2 healers for that reason myself.

As for Skyrim vs Amalur, you might want to read the following article to see if Amalur fixes whatever you don't like about Skyrim.

http://www.gamesradar.com/5-things-kingdoms-amalur-does-better-skyrim/

I kinda found Amalur to be more fun than Dragon Age, even though I generally prefer to control more characters instead of less. Maybe I just don't like for every encounter to have a very real chance of my party's death.

Energy96

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Portal 2 was the most fun game I've played in years.

I haven't found any other games I've really enjoyed long term since old school SWG before they ruined it and pre wotlk wow.

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

Me and my dad used to play Diablo 2 for hours,you bet I´m gonna buy myself Diablo 3 ! :)

I would love to play again Diablo 2,but I just can´t get it working on my Windows 7 64 Bit,it always crashes,I´ve done all fixes that I found on Google and nothing works.

What about Starcraft 2 ? Warhammer 40k ? :D

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

Downloading now...I´m not going to buy it(for the moment),too damn expensive since I never played anything similar to this.

Thanks!

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

I really appreciate your help,but RE5 got me addicted....for 10 minutes.
Never again played it :)

Anyways,Pirate Bay for the moment,if I like it,I´m buying it :D

Thanks.

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

Amalur looks sick,I´m so going to give it a go and see what happens :)

I hope it won´t let me down,just as Skyrim did,although I doubt it:)
Skyrim,for a strange reason makes me sick just thinking of playing it...

Thanks man !

bearclaw99

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010

D2 should work fine on Win 7 64 bit with the 1.12 patch

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

Why are you posting this on tomshardware? More inportantly why is this in the CPUs section?

If you liked 3 get new Vegas. The bugs are all ironed out now and goty edition. is out. I enjoyed it..

Dragon Age origins was fun. Its kind of a weird one for character builds though. I played on hard the first time and had to micromanage companions and it was difficult. but fun. Then I played on nightmare and built my character right and could solo everything, and I mean everything, and ignore my companions if I wanted.

Smeg45

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Oh look, another american moaning about his empty boring capitalist excuse of a life. How about getting off your fat privileged ass and doing something useful for a change?

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

Already engaged :)

masakruwolverine

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

First of all,I´m not american,I´m romanian and second of all I´m not moaning and I´m not searching for anything in particular,read the fcking thread I posted,it says there that this is NO real problem to me,I said that it would be fun to listen to people what they got to say about this and what games do they recommend me.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.