Nvidia Surround- Monitor connected via HDMI different colour than other two

thirdeye22

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
I have a Nvidia Surround setup with 3 Acer H236HL monitors, two connected via DVI and one via HDMI to a GTX 970. The two connected with DVI display pretty much the same colours and blacks, but the one connected via HDMI displays slightly lighter colours and more of a grey instead of black. When the screen saver is running it's really apparent. Is this common with different connections or a defect in the monitor itself perhaps?

QgBAcN9.jpg

Calvin3200

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
I'm having the exact same problem with my 970 and Nvidia Surround. It's not your monitor. I've had the same 3 monitors for a few years and until i switched to this 970 from 480SLI, they were identical. Not sure what the issue is though, I'm guessing it has something to do with the feed from the cards via different outputs, but honestly have no clue. Just rest assured that it isn't your monitor.

thirdeye22

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

Wow, good to know, thanks! Wonder if it's something they can fix with a driver update. It's not that bad when you're on the desktop or playing games but it is noticeable if you look for it, especially on dark backgrounds.

You might want to check the Dynamic range that is used with the HDMI monitor. Go into the Nvidia control panel, go to "adjust video color settings", select advanced and make sure the dynamic range is set to full. HDMI, in the past, did not do this by default, and may not, still. This will also require very recent drivers to work.

thirdeye22

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

Thanks for the tip, tried it but don't see a lot of difference.

William Kapas

Reputable
Mar 5, 2015
i have exact same issue still no fix from nvidia i assume its a driver issue because my colours on a fresh install via hdmi look wonderfull using the windows default drivers but the second i download the nvidia drivers all my colours get messed up and there is no way to fix an easy temp fix is to choose a resolution in the pc section of your nvidia control panel. it works that way and has normal colour atleast its something untill nvidia fixes the what i assume is a driver issue again