Buying an off-grade monitor worth the risk?

Solution
I bought an Xstar DP2710, which is exact same as that, I opted for a Pixel Perfect version.

I wouldnt buy an off-grade one. Its not a case of there "might" be defects, there straight up are defects and that's why its selling so cheap. Its there just chance as to whether that means the stand is dinged up a bit or if the panel itself is broke.

nb7760

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
I wouldn't buy anything off eBay, expecially not an off-grade monitor. Sure you may be saving $150, but what happens if the package arrives and inside it's some CRT from the 70's or a banged up QX2710. Then you wouldn't have saved $150, you would have wasted $200.

nb7760

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Okay I realize that they won't send you an old CRT. It really depends on whether or not you'd give two shits if there's some tinted spots on the monitor. I can't make that decision for you. But if you do end up buying the off-grade one, just prepare yourself for the worst.

I bought an Xstar DP2710, which is exact same as that, I opted for a Pixel Perfect version.

I wouldnt buy an off-grade one. Its not a case of there "might" be defects, there straight up are defects and that's why its selling so cheap. Its there just chance as to whether that means the stand is dinged up a bit or if the panel itself is broke.

Solution