Three displays with a Radeon 7950 Twin Frozr

Obsidiax

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Hey everyone, so I've had something pretty unusual happen to me, I made an account specifically to ask about this.

Let me first explain my setup, I used to run two monitors and a Cintiq 13HD which I turned on as and when I need it. I believed my card to only be able to run two monitors at once and so I turned the cintiq on either by switching the cables at the back or by pressing windows+p to select the display configuration.

It was a little awkward but not too bad,

Anyway, my card broke and I returned it to the manufacturer. They sent me a replacement card, not mine, another one that had been refurbished. When I got it back in my machine all three displays turned on at once. This was awesome as it meant I could just grab my cintiq and press the power button to turn it on, plus I now had one monitor to watch tv on and another to use for looking up references and stuff while I draw.

So this is where my problem starts, one day I put my PC on sleep (I do this all the time, nothing out of the ordinary) when I came back one of my monitors wasn't on, not sure why but I was supposed to be playing a game with a friend so I just unplugged my cintiq and plugged that monitor in its place.

I've been messing around with the wires since then, assuming maybe the hdmi port on the card had broken but I've come to realise that it simply doesn't want to run three monitors anymore.

I have one monitor plugged in to the dvi slot (dvi-dvi lead), another into the hdmi (hdmi-dvi lead) and the cintiq is in the mini display port using an hdmi adapter - they've always been arranged this way, before and after I replaced my card.

No matter what configuration I put them in one will always turn off if all three are plugged in revealing a 'no signal detected' message on the screen.

I updated my graphics driver before this happened, but it was a few days before so I don't think it's related. Other than that I haven't changed anything about my system, I'm just very confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the wall of text but I thought I best explain the situation as clearly as I could.

PS: I'm computer literate but I'm new to multi-monitor setups so treat me like a noob and explain things as simply as you can please.