Best way to limit fps no tearing/input lag/stuttering?

JulianPIisGR8

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
I really want to save money by getting a 60hz monitor but the build I want gets 60+ fps, is there any way I can do this without stuttering, input lag or screen tearing.

Thank You

Solution
No not unless you get a gsync monitor. You can use vsync but that would add input lag. Some games like bf4 allow you to limit the game engine to whatever frame rate you choose by making a user.cfg but most games do not. I would recommend you get a 120hz or better monitor, 60hz is not ideal for a gaming pc.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
No not unless you get a gsync monitor. You can use vsync but that would add input lag. Some games like bf4 allow you to limit the game engine to whatever frame rate you choose by making a user.cfg but most games do not. I would recommend you get a 120hz or better monitor, 60hz is not ideal for a gaming pc.

Solution

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
I have an ASUS VH236H (1920x1080@60Hz) and a 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, i5-4670K and have never experienced any of the problems you mention and FRAPS or any other screen display shows me running above 60FPS in most games I play. High res, V-sync OFF, Maxed graphics.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

You are screen tearing if you go over 60fps on a 60hz monitor its just what happens its not possible for the 60hz tv to keep up with a fps higher than 60. I guess you just cant notice it, i can see it very clearly on my 60hz tv and its very annoying.