Which CPU should I use to stream with?

BadDragon

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
So I'm looking to buy one of 2 computers from Amazon. Yes I know I should build my own but hear me out. I already have a gaming computer, and I like to stream to Twitch. I want to buy a second computer to be the streaming computer to get better quality on my stream. I can't decide between a Xeon E3 1225 v3 or an i3 4130. Both computers have the same specs otherwise and besides a small price difference they are basically the same computer. My question is: which would be better to run OBS on with the x265 cpu preset set as low as it can handle. I will not be overclocking this computer at all so don't say anything about that please.
Edit: I could easily change cpu's later on, which would be the best 1150 socket xeon or 1150 socket i5/i7...still thinking going xeon would be better since the xeon computer has a server mobo already.

I3lue1

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
You don't really need a sever mobo. As far as I can know streaming means that you stream from the computer you're playing from.

Streaming from another computer means having 2 webcams (one for your face and one for your screen). Keep in mind that the one for your screen should be able to film in 1080p -> more $$$.

The simple and classical way of streaming is from the computer you're playing + a webcam for your face.

Upgrading your current PC (if needed) would be best.