The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim FPS drops to 1-2 fps near towns with a high-end system

Handwran

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
So I have been having some really weird lag on skyrim, I started a new game, and when I get close to riverwood, my fps goes from 70-80 to around 1-2. I've tried most of my settings options, and have looked extensively through the internet for fixes, but to no avail. I have around 100 mods, but I don't think thats the problem since when I uninstalled them and played a vanilla game, the same problem arises. Also I have updated my drivers, but it didnt work. Please help I'm open to pretty much anything right now.

Here are my PC specs:

GeForce GTX 660

AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor

8 GB Ram

I'll try to respond to posts within the day.

Thank You.

As of 2/15/14:
So an update for ya. So apparently, the weird lag just happens around towns or clusters of buildings. When I move away far enough it goes away. Also, if I go inside a building and come back out, it seems to go away as well. I'll be checking this fourm every day, so I should be able to respond to anything within the day.

As of 2/22/15
Another update for you, the lag sometimes happens in closed worldspace towns, (Not sure if I'm using that term correctly) but only in riften so far, not whiterun. I'll check out the other major cities as well.

As of 2/27/15
Yet another update for you. The system now seems to crash after the weird lag gets at its worst. I'm thinking this is a memory problem, but nothing seems to fix it. Also I am suprised no one has responded. Any suggestions are welcome.

Archgaull

Admirable
What mod manager are you using, NMM or MO? If you're using NMM, when you uninstall things via it it doesn't actually uninstall it completely, so it might not be a vanilla game even if you think you are.