Just ordered parts, but now I think I need a monitor.

Cyanetix

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
I currently use a 1080p Insignia 60mhz 22 inch.

I'll be using a MSI Gaming 7, i7-4790k, and a GTX 970.

I read that I won't be able to get the full potential of my card using a standard HDTV, so I'm looking for a monitor that will last me a long while and will suit my build. Not sure if there are options under 200, or if the extra refresh rate is necessary, but please leave some suggestions below.

Solution

Cyanetix

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015

I just read some reviews about input lag, and refresh rate, and "why pay so much money for GPU and use crappy HDTV" articles/blogs and I was intimidated. You're probably right though to just try it out before I start looking at a replacement. Thanks!

Winly

Distinguished

Well in a first person shooter you will need a low input lag, high input lag will not be good for you. Thats why people get Monitors with low input lag or a good TV with low input lag. As well as refresh rate. I have a plasma that I used once in a while to play Call of Duty and its great, I research one with the lowest input lag and excellent picture because that matters to me. But like I said, try yours first and see.

Cyanetix

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015

I used to use this for FPS on consoles for the 360 and it had no lag. Oddly enough I don't play FPS on my PC though, but I will be picking up Battlefield as that game looks amazing in both gameplay and graphics. Thanks again man!

Winly

Distinguished

You will have an excellent card GTX 970. I have the 980 G1 and coming from a Crossfire HD6970 It was a big jump, game looks so sick and smooth! enjoy that.

Solution