Is my CPU being bottlenecked by my GPU?

IIINicky

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
Hey guys, so I recently got Battlefield 4 as I just upgraded my PC. But I still cant run it. I was poking around the internet trying to find if it was a bug with the game, but didn't see anything. Maybe you could help me with that.

So anyway, I have come to the conclusion that it's my GPU is bottlenecking my CPU? I have went into Battlefield 4 and tested it. I started from low settings then changed it to median.... Then ultra. I noticed that the fps stayed on 25 the whole time, Just budging up and down a little.

MY SPECS:

CPU: AMD A6-6400k APU
GPU: Nvidia GTX 750ti (2GB Edition)
RAM: 8GB of DDR3 RAM
PSU: 500W
MOBO: GIGABYTE F2A55M-HD2

Thank you,
Nick.

Solution
Dude it`s because the A6 is a AM2 chip which is reaching it`s end of life cycle anyway and it`s an APU... APU`s are`nt really meant to be run with discrete graphics along side it...

It`s a good chip, it`s just the combo that`s messing you up

McDuncun

Honorable
Dude it`s because the A6 is a AM2 chip which is reaching it`s end of life cycle anyway and it`s an APU... APU`s are`nt really meant to be run with discrete graphics along side it...

It`s a good chip, it`s just the combo that`s messing you up

Solution

CoolDude X

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
You Must Get Atleast An i3-4130 It'll Perform Good...................But As You Are Using AM3+ Socket You Should Get Atleast An FX-6300 To Not Be Bottlenecked

IIINicky

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015

Could I run FM2+ CPUs on my FM2? I heard they can run the same type of socket? Am I correct?