Lag, which area of my PC is worst?

Ben Green

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
Hi, I've got a wood PC and it can run some games at 15FPS (WoW, Rift, some of the non-rig killer MMOs) and even LoL/SC2 at 60FPS, but some games (Looking at you, TERA) just lag it out super hard, what exactly in my PC is causing this? Which components of it are the trashiest?
Also, sorry if this is meant to be written in some format or something, I'm just listing the parts:

Windows 8 64 bit
Intel Core i3 3220 @3.30 GHz
Intel HD graphics.... all it says, at least
1TB HDD
6GB DDR3
DVD-Super Multi (whatever the hell that is)

Archgaull

Admirable
By far you need to add a dedicated graphics card. Assuming you don't want to play any of the newest game, then the CPU works fine. However, you should most definitely add a graphics card.

Ben Green

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
I've downloaded graphics cards/updated them, does that not count? In device manager all I could find was 'Intel HD graphics'

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

You don't download gfx cards, you download the driver for them. If you only have the integrated gfx, that is your problem. Do you have a gfx card in the PCIe x16 slot inside your PC?

Ben Green

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
I don't know how to check, I just looked it up and couldn't find anything, sorry, I don't really have a clue on how this works. Also, how do you download the drivers?

Ben Green

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
Alright, seems I need a physical object.... I have a budget of about ten British Pounds/about 15 dollars... so, I'm screwed?

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
you want at least 70-80 to get a refurb gtx or a higher end gaming amd card that's worth using over your integrated "graphics". look out for good deals... if you really have like no money you can take your chances with used gpu's. The lowest I would go for nivida is 400 series because the 400 series is the oldest series that supports dx11 and will support dx12. direct x is software to run your games. I would definitely at LEAST save 50-70 bucks than MAYBE you can find a used card for an amazing deal but that's is even a bit far fetched and will take a lot of searching. At 15 dollars your screwed, for that much you could get a 15 year old gpu that's worse than integrated graphics. don't go lower than gtx 460 or gtx 650 anything lower is junk. Good luck and btw if you save a bit more than 100 dollars you could get a newer gpu that's new like a gtx 750ti or gtx 960 but if you can't older models are fine. I prefer to buy high end older models than newer junky stuff. I used to game with a gtx 650 then I "upgraded" to a gtx 560 ti. The 560 ti is a year older but preformed much better because it was a higher end model at the time and still whoops newer junky cards. Not saying that the 650 bad because its was ok.