How to set up my 120hz monitor on a AMD graphics card?

Spyrosc2

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
So I have a benq XL2420T and as you know it can go up to 120Hz, the problem is that I just can't find a refresh rate option on AMD Catalyst.My graphics card is a HD7950 Vapor-x
I was wondering if you cold help.

Solution
First of all, you need to ensure you are using a Dual-link DVI cable and that you have it connected to the DVI-D port on your graphics card. Once you have done that, verify you have the most current Catalyst drivers installed. Restart your PC if you had to install new Catalyst drivers. Once you are in windows, you should now be able to select from an option allowing for 120Hz. You might be able to use the Displayport on the monitor and card as well, but attempt to use the Dual-link DVI solution first.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
First of all, you need to ensure you are using a Dual-link DVI cable and that you have it connected to the DVI-D port on your graphics card. Once you have done that, verify you have the most current Catalyst drivers installed. Restart your PC if you had to install new Catalyst drivers. Once you are in windows, you should now be able to select from an option allowing for 120Hz. You might be able to use the Displayport on the monitor and card as well, but attempt to use the Dual-link DVI solution first.

Solution

Spyrosc2

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015

Thanks!