DisplayPort 4K 60Hz output issue with R295 X2 and Panasonic AX800

Wagz73

Reputable
Jul 19, 2014
Hoping I can get some help here. I have a Panasonic AX800 65" 4k television hooked up to a custom PC with a Radeon R295 X2 Card.
I put this system together in an effort to take advantage of the Panasonics displayport input capabilities to show 4K content at 60Hz. I've had it hooked up with a mini displayport to display port cable and for the first month everything worked fine. I was getting 4K with 60Hz as the card recognized the TV as two monitors and then the AMDs cards software merged it together with eyefinity. It was pretty sweet. I'm not sure what happened but after a windows update and a recent update of the AMD driver, I can no longer get 60hz. it is now 30Hz and the tv no longer gets the signal the right way. The only way I can even get the whole thing to work is by going into the Panasonic settings and changing the displayport input from Auto to Singlestream. It then recognized the card (or vice versa) and allows for full resolution but only at 30Hz. If I change it to 60Hz it downgrades the resolution drastically.
for some reason it seems like the card is no longer recognizing the TV as two monitors and combining them, but rather just one lower one. I hooked up another 4K Samsung monitor to the card at the same time with the Panasonic, and when going into the resolution settings windows recognizes three monitors. the Samsung 4k monitor and two Panasonic 4K monitors. but I cannot do anything with them. If I leave the settings on the TV as auto and not singlestream, the TV does not get the picture from the card, but the other monitor shows that windows is recognizing the two Panasonic screens. If I switch to singlestream on the Panasonic I can get the picture but not the 60Hz.
I know it's a little confusing but I'm hoping someone else with a similar set up experienced this and has a quick fix.
Like I said, it worked great for a while. 4K resolution at 60Hz on a 65" screen was awesome!
Please help.

-Lone-

Admirable
Use windows system restore and go back to before the update, also I'd stick with the catalyst version that works out for you and never use beta or whatever that is new as soon as it came out. Having the latest doesn't always meet it is a good thing. I'd use 14.12 version for the catalyst and stick with the previous windows update you had. Lucky for you, I have the same exact TV and GPU :) Except for I have 58 inch since I was looking for the smallest at the time.

Wagz73

Reputable
Jul 19, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your help.
Great to hear you have the same card and monitor.
I tried Windows restore but it does not give me a date option that goes before the update.
I did try to go back to the older catalyst version with no luck.
The only thing I can think of is that windows update, and am not sure how to reverse it or undo it at this point.

I'm simply not able to have windows Screen Resolution or the AMD Catalyst Control center show two Panasonic monitors that I can then merge with Eyefinity into one like before.
The only way I can even see anything on the Panasonic AX800 is if I go to it's settings and change the display port input from "AUTO" to "Single Stream". If I have it on auto like I did in the past, windows never shows up on the screen and the TV shows "no signal". If I have single stream than it does, but only at 30Hz and only recognizes one monitor.
I think when it was on auto, it would see multistream and see two TV's in one which then could be combined with eyefinity. Not it does not and I'm not sure how to get back to that state.

Can you check your TV's setting for me and change it to Singlestream to see if it by default makes it 30Hz? If it does then at least I know that I must have the TV setting at Auto on DisplayPort. Getting a visual that way is another challenge.

thoughts?

-Lone-

Admirable
I changed it to single stream and my highest resolution that I was able to go up to was 1080p but still at 60Hz. When I changed it back to auto, everything is back to normal. As for how to reverse it, press or click the windows icon on the bottom left corner, type in "system restore", hit next, then it should show you a couple different points in time. If not, check the box show more restore points and see if it shows, then look for the most recent windows update that most likely has a type of "Critical Update" and click on that and hit next and click finish and it'll restore, after it is done, see what happens.

Wagz73

Reputable
Jul 19, 2014

Lone,
I tired that, but the restore point does not go back far enough. I believe the issue started with a Windows Update on 1/25 which consisted of multiple updates including critical ones. The Restore does not go back that far, even when I click on the "show more restore points" box. Is there any other way to go back further or eliminate the windows updates that took place on that date? (1/25).

I hate the fact that I had a simple one cable run from the card to the television and it picked it up with the full resolution and 60Hz and all I had to do was merge the two streams of the tv into one with eyefinity and now it's not showing anything but a "no signal" screen.

-Lone-

Admirable

How long have you had this issue? Can you estimate when it happened? Like right after the windows updates or after the catalyst update?

Wagz73

Reputable
Jul 19, 2014

I can narrow this issue down to a radius of two or three days I believe.
during those three days I recall doing two things.
1) An automatic Windows Update occurred on 1/24/15 with several updates including critical 8.1 ones.
2) I also updated the AMD Catalyst control tool and driver to the newest one.

I tried to go back to the old driver by removing the newer one and that did not solve the issue.
I'm assuming it was the windows update but can not do a system restore for a date before 1/25. It does not have an early enough option.

I actually got a 28" Samsung 4K monitor and tired to trick the system by connecting them together and then refining the monitor settings with eyefinity, etc. This gets the Panasonic up and running in split mode (two identical screens that add up to 4K and 60Hz) but because of the existence of the Samsung, Eyefniity wont allow me to merge the two Panasonic screens together like before. I tried to disable the Samsung and it wont allow it as it's the primary monitor.
I tried a different combination of things to try to trick the windows resolution settings and the AMD settings with no luck.

Something has happened that prohibits the Card to recognize the Panasonic in "Automatic Streaming" mode, meaning multimode that is needed. It will only recognize the monitor in single stream which is 4K but 30Hz.
I tried different displayport cables as well thinking that the cable signal may have degraded or went bad. Cable is fine.

-Lone-

Admirable
Well, I found out the system restore points wipes the old ones out every month, so that sucks. Also you said 1/24? That's not exactly recent, try this program and completely remove the AMD drivers. It'll bring you to safe mode to remove them, but it'll only take like 5 sec to remove it unlike uninstall which takes a few minutes. Then just boot into windows normally and install the latest 14.12 drivers since we can't exactly do anything about the windows update, plus the catalyst has more to do with display than anything else.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I assume you have Windows 8.1 64 bit, or choose the one that is for your OS, just make sure it is version 14.12, and no betas.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64

Immortal_1

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
Panasonic AX800 monitor driver by Andre keurentjes.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/12j4w67vy2j7wpy/Panasonic+AX800+-+Monitor+Driver.rar

This is a microsoft monitor driver override , it overrides the EDID code from AX800.
Panasonic AX800 58 inch Monitor driver , for display port 1.2a MST and SST.
and a HDMI 2.0 driver for when in HDMI 2.0 mode.

also it will give a extra 1440p 60hz , on top 1440 59,95hz
choose 60hz for desktop. so the game uses the 59,95 hz .
this to prevent bugs with NVidia colors.
also the driver will give better support in MST mode.

tested with NVIDIA

to install
1. switch TV to the right port and Mode.
for example Display port on SST or MST.

then put the displayport.inf in C:\windows\inf

2.turn off driver verification at windows 10 startup options , you find them under restore PC.

3. go to device manager and go to monitor driver .
update monitor driver and choose manual search .
Install the displayport 1.2a driver file that is now visible .

4. restart PC to make active .

(displayport 1.2a MST has better 4K at 60hz with RGB 4.4.4 , HDMI 2.0 cannot do these colors.)

driver was made with free tools :
Moninfo
Lightware matrix controller software 4.6.0

also i update the driver often , when i find out better things , or when Panasonic updates their firmware.

i will upload under the same link.