Windows G/UI Mod Help!

jusme

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Only certain people will be able to reply to this one. That being said here goes; (I'll do my best to use proper terminology) Essentially what I would like to do is when I have a minimized window mainly my internet browser I would like the ability to have the text be removed or invisible from the minimized window on the taskbar itself ( FYI I'm a grown man who is a geeked out bro i'm simply doing this to prove it 1. can be done 2. to satisfy my curiosity further). Yes, I already know they're maybe some third-party program/software to do this, I am not looking for a third-party rate solution, I am more interested in "tweaking" the Windows database/registry to modify the core files to be able to do such a specific ability. If there is no known way I will seek out many forums/guru's . .. . so on. Until I am forced to use third-party reason why i don't like third-party is mostly I don't trust the resource it's coming from nor is there a full fledged way to protect my Computer ID i.e. like vpn or proxying yourself online. If there is a solid definite beyond a shadow of a doubt program that can do what I ask and is a legitimate and appropriate program I may perhaps look into it after examination. Thanks and I look forward to y'alls answer. Many thanks ahead, ME

jusme

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

Sorry, my mistake sir. Currently running W7 Pro (that was quite silly of me to not mention that I do apologize). Also thanks for such a quick response! I really wanna tackle this with some help.

USAFRet

Titan
Essentially what I would like to do is when I have a minimized window mainly my internet browser I would like the ability to have the text be removed or invisible from the minimized window on the taskbar itself

So, you want the icon for a minimized window, but not the text (title bar) of that minimized Window?

jusme

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

Sorry for the late reply Sir, But yes that is exactly what I would like done.

jusme

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Dang I read what you said i'm gathering you obviously know a good deal. Yeah I just want like a way to remove the title but even more specifically to select like for example like said window title or program i'm using. I know tall order LOL but just to do these things amazes me that's why i like to make it more of a possibility then a maybe you know ?

jusme

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Do you know for why/what reason is like that file hidden inside like.. for example again excuse my terminology; is the script or file that executes that process hidden ? Like there's no way to modify string value in registry or some sort've advanced viewer or editor via the taskbar ? Anywho I do appreciate you looking into it for me. Obviously you can tell that I reallyy want to do this.