Already have SLI GTX 780, wondering if I should move up to a 27" 21:9 HD monitor or sell it and get SLI 980's

MagusALL

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Just wondering. I am planning to use this monitor in my master bedroom and plan to have my home office, which is in the corner of my bedroom use the 'old' parts. I think it would be really cool to play the 21:9 27" screen and also being able to use it in the bedroom of mine simply by changing the output wiring quick. I will likely turn the other computer into a emulator/media storage PC that I will put in the living room so my daughter can play Minecraft and my son can play Wii U. So do you guys think at 1200p (maybe upgrading thought) I am overkill with SLI GTX 780's and would getting a monitor with more pixels and colors be worth the switch over to the new 980's which also adds the bonus of an extra GB in VRAM which could come in early. Thanks for all who reply. I am waiting for a few games to be released (mostly on Nintendo Wii U haha) but I wast to be able to make something that in two years can still play cutting edge games while having no problems with screen rate and who knows maybe G-Sync will offer something up that allow for people to survive on old hardware for longer. Rig is as follows; Intel i7-3770k at 4.2Ghz, MSI GD55 Z77A mb, 16GB G Skill Ripjaws X @1600 XMP, Corsair TX 750 PSU (which I can also use another PSU connected if the system needs more juice. I have an EVGA CPU cooler and EVGA power adapter that converts Molex into an additional power supply directly into the PCI lanes which honestly made my single 780 quit out and have errors but once I SLI'd them there is no more crashing, just really nice gaming. I have a DVD-RW and a BR-R optical and I use a Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (thats gf!). I use a cheap MicroCenter mouse which is holding up well. Currently using a Samsung SyncMaster 26" 1200p monitor and it has extra HDMI ports and can be used as a TV by plugging in either a HDMI or just running a coaxial. I have a CPU fan, side fans plowing into the case and another couple fans, one in the rear of the case to allow flow out of the case as well as another fan right on top. There is also a small fan in front as an intake of sorts. My Windows 8.1 OS is on my 120GB SSD and my games and some programs are on my 250GB Samsung EVO leaving all storage downloaded onto a RAID 1.