ASRock Z77 Extreme11 vs ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Please Help!

osbro

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
So my Gigabyte Z77 D3H just died and i'm lookin for an upgrade and These are the only two options i have at this time,with Extreme11 selling for around $65 more than Fatal1ty. I don't mind paying the extra if it really is better. I know Extreme11 has more ports(a hell lot more!) and i might use quite a few of em. But then even the Fatal1ty fulfills MOST of my Ports related needs. So my final question is..Does Extreme11 OC better than Fatal1ty? Or is it just the extra ports that i'm gonna be paying the extra $65 for. Also, i have 2 HDDs and 1 SSD with 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu RAM(8GBx2). Any answers would be appreciated. Also, does Fatal1ty have any extra features compared to Extreme11 cause of that name branding or stuff? BTW I'm getting Fatal1ty for $200 and Extreme11 $265 :p If that makes a difference.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
OC'ing with any given combination of mobos and CPUs is dependent on the individual prts and their (individual) characteristics. Two different 3570K chips may have very differnet limits for OC'ing on a single mobo, one at 4.2 GHz the other at 4.6GHz.

So it is a bit of a crap shoot whether the individual Extreme 11 or the Fatality will OC better. My experience with ASRock is that the Fatality line is merely a rebranded Extreme component with some minor variation and (IMHO) horrible looking Fatality BIOS interface. Their specs track similarly, with the exception of less latency (speedier) in the mouse interface.

If these are your only two options then it depends on your cost sensitivity. As I said, I hate the Fatality interface, and I have no use for the mouse port difference. But $65 bucks is $65. The advantage to the Extreme 11 is the dual LAN and other ports. But is the cost worth it to you?

osbro

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
Haha I agree about the crappy BIOS on Fatal1ty. Which makes me lean towards the Extreme11(and those Extra Ports are an added bonus), and i am ready to pay the extra $65 But then it is E-ATX(DAMMIT!!) Which apparently won't fit in my crappy cabinet cause it won't be able to accommodate anything bigger than an ATX Board. So i guess i'll have to stay content with the Fatal1ty. Thanks for your answer :)