ASUS Really Sucks

02ebz06

Honorable
Feb 20, 2015
I bought an ASUS PC from Newegg and find out they don't give you a DVD of the Windows operating system you paid for.
You can go to their eStore and "buy" one for $50 though.
Never again...

USAFRet

Titan

Or, you can read in the user manual and see how to create those Restore disks for free.

OEM's generally do not give you the full install dvd for windows with a new computer. this is true for hp, dell, asus, and every other brand that you can think of. the only ones which might are custom-built. the most many OEM's do is give you a recovery cd but sometimes even this is not provided free. this has been true for well over 10 years.

while i do agree that the disk should be provided, your accusation against ASUS only is unfounded and should be directed at all OEM's instead.

for the record you can create your own windows disk free using a blank dvd. all you need to know is your product key.

02ebz06

Honorable
Feb 20, 2015
I have not had issues like this from other vendors in the past.
Was on a live chat with ASUS tech support and his only response was buy the DVD for $50 from their estore.
No way to create one.

I've never heard that Windows 7 can be downloaded. From Microsoft ???

USAFRet

Titan

All the Windows 7 ISOs used to be freely downloadable, install, and apply your existing license key
Now, you have to have a Retail version, and input your license key to get to the download.

Your other option is to generate the Recovery disks from whatever functionality it gives you. ALL manufacturers do this, and have done this for years.