Not open for further replies.

dottorrent

Honorable
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sarachux

Tezeniz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
Hello, I just bought a new seasonic M12 II EVO 620w bronze and i dont see it at all on this list, is it still a good PSU? Thank you

Tezeniz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
thank you for quick response :) i was unsure which to pick that Seasonic M12II-620 EVO ATX 2.3 or Corsair CX Series 600Watt Modular because they were almost at the same price range, i just went with seasonic because it seemed like more thrust worthy manufacturer.

D

Deleted member 217926

Seasonic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Corsair CX.

Good choice. ;)

Exactly, seems the conversation on the new list begins exactly as the one on the old list ended, with the Corsair CX series, bane of builders everywhere. CX series is a poor choice for systems with gaming cards or overclocked systems, let's just get that right on out of the way now for future reference. Ok for mainstream machines, not dependable for gaming rigs.

Tezeniz

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
great! iam glad to hear that! can wait to get this delivered and get my (budget) gaming going on! ive got fx 6300 and r9 280x to go with it, i belive good enough for some 1080p gaming for this years titles :)

D

Deleted member 217926

A special thank you to ssddx for figuring out the bugs in this thread. Editing works again!

Thanks for the update dottorrent, really is a helpful list.

@ darkbreeze, "CX series, bane of builders everywhere" haha so true. Can't blame people for wanting to save money and not waste it but the near constant 'sales' of the cx series in the $30-40 range really is a burn since it seems to sucker tons of unknowing folks to grabbing it (and giving it unwarranted 5 star ratings purely because it's cheap).

no problem anort. a psu tiered list that is up to date is essential information.

as far as improvements are concerned, we seem to be missing chieftec as a whole. i remember seeing a question about that brand recently and noted that it was not on the list.

D

Deleted member 217926

No way to rate something that hasn't been reviewed.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page873.htm

Mostly Sirtec and CWT as OEMs so there is potential there to be either very good or junk as both companies make plenty of each. No way to tell unless they get tested.

Great job mate! The list is something I use often (like many others) to recommend PSUs and for reference myself.

On a side note, I'm sure something can be done about the color scheme, I see too much of bold there (maybe the OEMs can be of a specific color, not specifically though), but that may be just me :)

D

Deleted member 217926

Looks pretty good on this laptop. That doesn't mean it will look good on my desktop or the other laptops though :p

Edit: Oh no I think you changed it. It was more visible before.

dottorrent

Honorable

Most of the old Raidmax units are gone. Don't get me wrong, they are still making apalling junk, but I can't list them all. Besides, I think we all know how iBall, Grey raidmax units and Zebronics units perform. They're more useful for target practice with a rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.