Help requested in choosing a 21.5 inch Full HD monitor

sunbong

Reputable
Apr 5, 2014
i had zeroed on the following 21.5 inch Full HD monitors which fall within my budget. Please help me in choosing one. Primary use of the monitor will be in Gaming and watching movies.

1.DELL S2240L
2.BenQ GW2255HM
3.BenQ GL2250HM

Solution

The viewing angle is just fine, so long as you're not pushing your computer chair around like you're in an ice-hokey ring.
Panel Type is their tried and true LED TN.
The biggest difference between the LED TN and the IPS is the...

RooSalad

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Whenever BenQ is in a list of "choices" I almost always suggest the BenQ monitors.
BenQ is the "holy grail" of monitor brands amongst enthusiasts because if their fantastic build quality, quality parts, and on-point quality inspection.

I'd personally suggest going with the #3. The BenQ GL2250HM.

sunbong

Reputable
Apr 5, 2014

What about it's viewing angle and panel type?

RooSalad

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

The viewing angle is just fine, so long as you're not pushing your computer chair around like you're in an ice-hokey ring.
Panel Type is their tried and true LED TN.
The biggest difference between the LED TN and the IPS is the viewing angle.

It's mostly marketing hype for IPS to have the "best viewing angles", but I mean, really... who needs to see details of what is on their monitor from a 60 degree angle below it?
The average computer-user/gamer/worker will not need the added benefit of massively wide viewing angles.

The IPS viewing angles are useful to a niche of work fields, but for the average Joe who just wants to sit at his computer, and play a video game... it's extremely rare you'll see a viewing-angle problem with LED, especially when the LED monitor was crafted by BenQ.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS