Need help upgrading my dinky Monitor

kamranhasak47

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Currently I have a HP Pavillion 22bw, a 1080p 21.5' monitor. Though it served me well over a year, I'm looking to upgrade to 1440p, preferably IPS at a size of 27'. I'll mostly do college work, lots of video editing, and constant animating in Adobe Flash, and the extra screen real-estate would work wonders for me; in addition, the higher resolution will tickle my jimmies in excitement. I also game a lot on my rig, and I'm positive the bigger, better monitor would enhance my experience 10 fold. In terms of VRAM, I have 4gb so I'm good. My budget is non-existent (if a particular monitor is worth it, I will save up the money to purchase it) so any monitors are open for suggestion. I know that there are a bunch of new monitors that are going to be released in the next couple of months, but I'm not the monitor king and don't know much about them or follow the news on the latest and greatest ones. I'm looking for a monitor that will satisfy me for years to come, and the extra kinks on some monitors (such as g-sync 120 fps) is also open to me. Thanks for reading and the replies!