Is this regular for Newegg shipping?

Budz42

Honorable
May 4, 2013
Last week on Friday I ordered an SSD from newegg and chose the free 4-7 day shipping option. Well, it's now the next Friday, 5 business days later, and my SSD seems to be moving in the wrong direction. According to my tracking number, it started in Nebraska and started moving east through Iowa, Ohio, New Jersey and is now in Pennsylvania. Thing is, I live in California - the opposite direction. I may be in no rush to get the SSD, but spending 5 of those 7 days going in the wrong direction is just bizarre to me. Last time I made an order that was somewhere in the middle of the states, it made its way to CA right quick with the same shipping plan. Is this normal behavior for Newegg shipping? Or should I be concerned?

Solution
Sometimes the seller will give you the wrong tracking number. And the tracking you're seeing if from their manufacturer moving goods towards their warehouse then it will be shipped to you. You can go to Newegg website or call them and make an inquiry.

TakeshiKudo

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Sometimes the seller will give you the wrong tracking number. And the tracking you're seeing if from their manufacturer moving goods towards their warehouse then it will be shipped to you. You can go to Newegg website or call them and make an inquiry.

Solution

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello Budz42,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately, we do not have the authority to designate the route our various shipping carriers take for shipping a package. However the carriers are contracted to deliver packages in accordance with the chosen time frame. Please contact us at wecare@newegg.com with your sales order number and we'll be more than happy to check on the status for you. Thank you!

William ~ Newegg Support