Computer wont detect second monitor.

wazup1115

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
So I have a Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 and I am using the DVI port with my 1st monitor. Then when I try to plug in the HDMI cable into the port and then into my second monitor, and scan for Displays nothing shows up (No Displays) Please help me solve this since I would like to stream. Or can I plug in like a VGA into my Motherboard and use dual monitors like that somehow?

Solution
First to check, the source of the second monitor, may be it's a SAMSUNG one, similar ones have to have their sources changed. Change it to HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 or HDMI 3 (Depends on how many ports your monitor has). If you are sure the source is RIGHT, then check if you have your output source right on your laptop or desktop. If you have laptop, Click on F4 or what key has a monitor icon onto it, and choose the second monitor; If you have desktop, go to Catalyst Center and search for Monitor settings, select both monitors, it's something you twist inside the Catalyst Center and exactly in Display settings.

Akram Sidena

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2013
First to check, the source of the second monitor, may be it's a SAMSUNG one, similar ones have to have their sources changed. Change it to HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 or HDMI 3 (Depends on how many ports your monitor has). If you are sure the source is RIGHT, then check if you have your output source right on your laptop or desktop. If you have laptop, Click on F4 or what key has a monitor icon onto it, and choose the second monitor; If you have desktop, go to Catalyst Center and search for Monitor settings, select both monitors, it's something you twist inside the Catalyst Center and exactly in Display settings.

Solution