Help Me Please, My Screen Is Way To Big

wazup1115

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
So everything was fine, until I started to try and connect a second monitor, I wasn't able to, but that's not the problem. The problem is that after I hooked up the DVI (Into GPU AMD 7950) and the HDMI (Into Monitor) And restarted the PC the display was off the screen. I went to the resolution and it was on 1920x1080 Recommended and then I went into AMD CCC and went to Overscan/Underscan, the Overscan was at 0% BUT THE DISPLAY IS TOO BIG! It was working fine before, what happened. If I move it to underscan everything gets blurry, but on 0% Overscan its all perfect and clear but WAY TOO BIG! PLEASE HELP ME, THIS IS AMD CCC is STUPID. everything worked fine and then I just reconnected it and it was TOO BIG.

Too Big = That when its on 0% Overscan, and on 1920x1080 (Recommended) The screen is off the Monitor, so I cant see the start button or the clock, etc. It wasn't like that before, before it was 0% Overscan and perfect fit on monitor, I'm using same cable.

Solution
I've never had a viewsonic monitor but im pretty sure they have menu settings, try and uncheck overscan if its on (on the monitor that is). I had a similar problem with my r9 280 and i figured it was due to my monitor auto overscanning

wazup1115

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015

Too Big = That when its on 0% Overscan, and on 1920x1080 (Recommended) The screen is off the Monitor, so I cant see the start button or the clock, etc. It wasn't like that before, before it was 0% Overscan and perfect fit on monitor, I'm using same cable.

wazup1115

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015

27" ViewSonic Monitor, Like I said, everything was working perfectly fine, I just don't now why I all changed when I plugged everything back in just the way it was. Before it was all good 0% Overscan and screen was perfect fit on monitor no blurriness what so ever. PERFECT. Then it just became bigger than the monitor on 0% Overscan.

Jordsk

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
I've never had a viewsonic monitor but im pretty sure they have menu settings, try and uncheck overscan if its on (on the monitor that is). I had a similar problem with my r9 280 and i figured it was due to my monitor auto overscanning

Solution