1 vs 3 monitor set up?

country25strong

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
Hey guys I would like to start this out with my PC specs just to eliminate any confusion.
Mobo- Gigabyte F2A88X-UP4
CPU - AMD Athlon X4 760k (OC'd to 4.5ghz)
GPU - MSI R9 270
PSU - EVGA 850W G2 modular
CPU Cooling - Custom liquid cooled loop
RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Ok so now that that is outta the way and I think I covered everything lol. My question is just as the title states I am debating on getting either 1 27" monitor or a set of 3 23" Samsung monitors. I understand that not all games are eyefinity capable. But some of the games I play and plan to play do support it (BF4, Iracing, etc) and a few others. So i was looking for some educated answers with some pro's and con's. Thank you in advance for all the help guys. HAPPY GAMING

Solution
Many people dislike the bezels while playing. I agree that a single screen in your case is best due to the weak CPU and GPU.

I have three screens, but I haven't turned on eyefinity other then when I was first setting it up to make sure it worked. I like gaming on one screen while other my other programs running. It allows me to see when people come on, if someone is trying to get a hold of me via IM/PM and if it's worth alt-tabbing out of the game, etc. Using three screens should be possible with the 270 in such a manor if you want.

4745454b

Titan
Many people dislike the bezels while playing. I agree that a single screen in your case is best due to the weak CPU and GPU.

I have three screens, but I haven't turned on eyefinity other then when I was first setting it up to make sure it worked. I like gaming on one screen while other my other programs running. It allows me to see when people come on, if someone is trying to get a hold of me via IM/PM and if it's worth alt-tabbing out of the game, etc. Using three screens should be possible with the 270 in such a manor if you want.

Solution

Dont go higher than 1080p the 270 is an ok card but it has trouble running 1080p on one monitor

country25strong

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
Moderator - I did not see your response. That would again go back to me getting 1 bigger monitor @1080. At that point I would just use this monitor as my program monitor and the new monitor for gaming. which is seeming like the best option. I really do appreciate the help guys. fast responses in this situation are the best for me lol. Do either of you have any monitor recommendations? Again thanks you guys!

country25strong

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
Well the triple monitor set up was in the $600-$650 range. so for a single monitor I would say around $250 no more for a single. Size does not matter as long as it is 23"+ and not stupidly expensive.