Switching from Comcast to Dish Network

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Did I make a mistake switching from Comcast to Dish Network to get more channels and their hopper DVR. Just signed up for Dish Network today. By switching to Dish network for TV while keeping Comcast for phone and internet I'll be saving $15 a month while getting more channels, I know my Dish network price is promotion price and will go to full price of $118 the second year, but that's not a problem as I'm on a promotion with Comcast that's due to increase to $230 at the end of this year, than to the full price of $250 at the end of next year.

To be honest - all of the cable companies and dish companies are within about 10% of the price of each other, and their channels only vary slightly. If you talk to the provider, usually you can get to the "customer retention" group, and they will give you a "deal".

Time Warner Cable sends me a notice once a year that my package (TV, Internet & Phone) is going from the promotional price of $169 to $229. Every year I call them, and we end up getting it back to $169. It takes about 30-60 minutes on the phone....but you get the best promotional price if you are patient and polite to the people.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Their are a few channels comcast in my area doesn't carry, especially boomerang and wgn america.