New Graphics Card + Power Supply however no display on monitor and graphics card fan not spinning

Mitch_BM

Reputable
Mar 2, 2015
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can help me I have just purchased a new graphics card (ASUS Radeon R7 240) and a new power supply (Corsair CX430) I have installed them both however I have no display on my monitor and the fan on graphics card will spin once on boot up then nothing. Also when I try to turn off the computer I cannot hold the switch down I have to turn it off by flicking the switch on the power supply.

I thought it may be a faulty graphics card but when I plug in my old one the same thing happens.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

blockhead78

Distinguished
seeing as you've been changing hardware, try a cmos reset

also, can you access the bios, or does the display not kick in at all?

The fact that you've replaced the GPU and PSU and it's not working with the new and old GPU, would suggest there's a PSU problem

Just make sure everything that needs power is connected to the PSU, especially the one so many people fall for... 24pin AND 4/6pin mobo PSU connectors

Mitch_BM

Reputable
Mar 2, 2015
Done the CMOS reset and still no luck unplugged and replugged everything too I have even put in my old power supply and it's still just the same just literally don't know what to do anymore

blockhead78

Distinguished
does you mobo have onboard graphics?

if so, remove the GPU and see if it boots

i think you might be looking at a faulty PSU that you will have to return I'm afraid

if the old GPU had worked, then it would have certainly been the new GPU, but seeing as they both don't work with the new PSU, it definitely points towards a faulty PSU :(

Mitch_BM

Reputable
Mar 2, 2015
Nope no built in graphics card unfortunately, I thought that so I put back in my old psu but it does exactly the the same thing. Think I'm just going to take them both back tomorrow!