Advice on first PC build for gaming and virtual machines

rohitsyte

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Hello,

I intend to run a lot of virtual machines on my PC through VirtualBox or VM Ware and each one is used for a specific purpose. For example, Web Development, Mobile Development, Graphics Design etc., and I generally only game in the weekends, but I want to game at a very high resolution (I'm a fan of 1440p) and detail i.e., settings mostly turned down to the max

What I am unsure of is in selecting a CPU that helps me both in gaming and processing equally. After few weeks of reading articles, reviews and looking at benchmarks, I have narrowed down the following components for my build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nDVG6h

Please look at the configuration and suggest me:

(i) If the choice of components for the tasks mentioned above is justified

(ii) Are there any better alternatives for a better price for my needs (I am not an AMD/Intel or AMD/Nvidia fanboy and anything would do me till it works for my needs)

(iii) I live in a tropical country and the temperatures are searing during the summer. I need advice on the cooling and air flow of the system and any additional components that I need to add to the build to sustain the hot temperatures. The system would normally run for about 10-12 hours a day

I welcome all suggestions/advices and thank you in advance for helping me out.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Looks very strong. I still think the 980s are overpriced at the moment, but it would dominate 1440p. If you are not in a rush, you could consider waiting for the AMD 300 series to come out soon if for no other reason than for the inevitable price drop that the 980 will have.

rohitsyte

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

I intend to purchase the PC in the next 2 - 3 months. Since it is my first build, I want to be absolutely sure about spending huge amount on it. I can wait. When does the AMD 300 series cards scheduled for a release??

Also, any specific suggestion for my 3rd question on cooling and air flow??

Thanks for the reply