Asus GEFORCE GTX 750 TI dual monitor disaster!?

Condore

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
Right okay firstly, i have recently upgraded my Graphics card from a gt 610 which ran two monitors no problems what so ever, i have upgraded to the GTX 750 TI which is a hell of a lot better, but for the life of me i can not get my second monitor to display.. each monitor if plugged into the VGA port of the GTX 750 ti work perfectly fine.. then when i plug either in as a second monitor through the DVI-D port it refuses to detect.. I have tried every possible thing i can think off, from rolling back the driver for my graphics card to re installing them, making sure the drivers are up to date and also re installing the motherboard drivers, the only thing i can put this down to is this being a faulty graphics card but i can not see that being the case.. someone NEEEEDS to help me i am going crazy here :(

Windows 7 64bit
8gb vengance ram
Asus Geforce GTX 750TI
AMD 4 core Processor 3.00GHz
Just in case anyone needed to know what i am working with.

popatim

Titan
DVI-D is a digital only port and VGA is an "analog only" connection.
You either need to plug into a DVI-A or a DVI-I port instead (sorry but your 750ti does not have these) or install the 610 into another x16 slot (even if its an x8 connection) and run the second monitor from it. You would still be able to extend your desktop to the 2nd monitor while allowing the 750Ti to use all of its resources on the 1st monitor (esp nice during gaming).

I do this so I can have a website up or watch a show on monitor 2 while gaming on monitor 1.

Condore

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015

The 750 TI i have is Asus so it has 1 hdmi port 1 vga port and 2 dvi ports i assumed these are DVI-D ports but i assume a DVI-A would work right? i'm not sure if the motherboard i have has another slot for a graphics card i will have to check that, failing that i had a small idea grasping at straws, in the bios i saw the options to have the primary vga output through the chip set (which is assume is the motherboard vga port) so therefore if i had the first vga through this and then the second one through the graphics card then surely this would solve the problem? may be a very very very long shot haha

Condore

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015

you are using the gtx 750 TI as well? would you suggest a vga to hdmi cable/adapter then?

Woody1999

Admirable
I use the R7 260X, a similar card. I have one display port, one DVI-D and an HDMI, using one DVI-VGA adapter + VGA cable and one HDMI cable. If your graphics card has a VGA then it should definitely work through that.

Woody

Woody1999

Admirable
Sorry if this is confusing. Your graphics card has:

1 VGA
1 HDMI
2 DVI-D

Am I right? If you do the same as me you could use:

1 VGA cable
1 HDMI cable

OR get an adapter from DVI-D to VGA and use a VGA cable from that, but that seems a bit overcomplicated. If it needs to be exactly like mine, then you can do that, but I'm 100% certain just VGA and HDMI will work.

Woody

Woody1999

Admirable
My mistake. I always confuse DVI-I and DVI-D, partly because DVI-D looks like it should be an I, because it has an I shaped pin. Still, his setup should work through VGA and HDMI, because one is analog and one is digital.

Woody