Monitors Battle: Samsung vs Phillips

Lotherin

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
Hello, I need a new monitor for 1080p gaming. I play MMOs, mobas and some fps generaly. I've found these 2 on the same price and i need your help telling me which one to choose.

1) Samsung S27D390HS
vs
2) Philips 273E3LH

Solution
both TN and IPS tech have their pros and cons! you asked for a gaming monitor so i expected that pixel response and input lag would be your first priority! although IPS and its variants are still good for most gamers at an 22-24'' range, at 27'' ghosting is inevitable so i would stick only with TN panels especially at ~250$ range.! if you arent that 'demanding' as a gamer the Samsung can still work for you.!

what budget do you have? im sure we can find better alternatives. between those two i would go with samsung. Philips isnt that competitive when it comes to gaming!

http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/philips-273e3lh-p11406/test.html

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/98gc4D/by_merchant/
Monitor: BenQ GL2760H 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($205.99 @ B&H)
Total: $205.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-04 16:40 EST-0500

^ this would work better as a gaming monitor

if you are so much into gaming i would also suggest a 24'' 144hz Benq / Asus monitor

Lotherin

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
chris987 Thanks for the answer. Philips is out of the question now :p but i have some questions.

What makes you think that benq gl2760h is better than samsung's s27d390hs?
It has less ms and thats ok for fps gaming, better contrast ratio and better price. But on the cons it's still a TN panel which is inferior to Samsung's PLS. Don't get me wrong i do respect your advice, it's just that i want to know more about your pick.
Looking forward for your reply.

P.S: Oh and the budget is 265 usd.

both TN and IPS tech have their pros and cons! you asked for a gaming monitor so i expected that pixel response and input lag would be your first priority! although IPS and its variants are still good for most gamers at an 22-24'' range, at 27'' ghosting is inevitable so i would stick only with TN panels especially at ~250$ range.! if you arent that 'demanding' as a gamer the Samsung can still work for you.!

Solution