New Samsung monitor and new GeForce card startup blank screen

shiningqueen

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
My system is ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 MB with 4gb RAM and 2.6 ghz CPU running Windows 7.
I have recently purchased a Samsung S24D390HL monitor and a GeForce 610 graphics card. Every time I startup my PC the screen is blank with HDMI and Analog constantly alternating in the upper left corner. I have the screen setup as HDMI. I have to reboot in order to get the screen to register what the computer is doing because once I reboot the screen comes up "Start Windows Normally" I have tried updating drivers, using driver provided with the screen ... I have tried everything I can think of, short of standing on my head. I also tried to set up my Vizio TV as DVI on the card and it won't read that either. Can anyone help? Please!! Thanks Deb

Do you have a very low wattage power supply? If it's one that's like a 220 or even a cheap 250 watt one, power may be an issue.

Try starting over, remove the nVidia drivers, remove the card, hook up the monitor to the onboard video and start the setup from step 1. Read the directions because some want you to disable the onboard card first.

TRENDING THREADS