Looking for a stunning ips 1440p monitor.

FwdMoparJunkie

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2014
I'm looking for a monitor that will make it seem like I'm on some sort psychedelic drug. I want an absolutely stunning and beautiful monitor with rich and deep colors. I understand that I would probably have to pay over $600 for something like that but, my budget is $400 and maybe $500 given the perfect monitor arises. whats the best looking IPS 1440p monitor at that price range?

Currently, I have the Korean Qnix 2710 evolution II PLS 1440p at 100hz. I bought that a year ago for $350 comparing that to my cheap Asus vs239 1080p ips, while watching a movie, I'm thinking Why am I watching a movie on the Qnix when the cheaper ips monitor looks much better. The fire and explosions look so much more realistic and vibrant. So, I fire up a game on the asus and the colors do look better but, right off the bat I notice how much clearer the picture WAS on the 1440p display compared to the 1080p. Does this make sense? Sometimes, I wonder if going from 27" down to 23" messes with me.

I don't care too much about achieving over 60fps in gaming because most games I play are maxed out and I don't generally get over 60fps on my 780 ti at 1440p unless, it's a super optimized game. Although, Bf4 plays nice at max details and above 60fps and I personally think that game is optimized. It would be nice to have a monitor that's capable of overclocking to at least 75hz or a g-sync but, g-sync really jacks up the price and is harder to come by. I'm interested in later going sli if directX12 is true.

At this point, I really don't care if the display is matte or glossy. I just want an INSANE looking monitor that's justifiable of $400 or $500 if the monitor has that one feature that I cant live without, like IPS.

FwdMoparJunkie

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2014

This looks appealing. It looks almost identical to my qnix. Is ithe gloss overwhelming in the daytime? Do you happen to know what kind of screen uses? like glass or ?

All gloss finishes are susceptible to glare, but they provide the sharpest image. I suggest curtains/blinds or turning you desk :)

I have a potalion 2710QW that I installed overlord's 120hz PCB in. It's the same LG panel as used in the overlord monitor (gloss finish). 120hz is one of those things you get spoiled for once you have it. My 60hz monitors at work annoy me now.

The only thing I'd ever consider replacing this monitor with is (maybe) a freesync 4k when they come out

FwdMoparJunkie

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2014

That's pretty cool. I never thought about swapping out pcb's in monitors. What are you doing at work where you notice refresh rates lol

I do most of my gaming at night and it just so happens to be after work when I'm supposed to be in bed. I have 3 auxiliary monitors too so, I guess if the glare is bad during the daytime then, I still have the other 3 matte displays. I just want at least one beautiful monitor and I'm going to buy the one that you had recommended. That monitor seems to excite me.