repair ad on craigslist?

hoorhay

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
I decided to try and earn extra money that I'd post an ad under computer services on craigslist. I just detail my experience with computers and a plethora of services I'd offer etc. At the end I even state that I'm NOT a business, that I'm an individual offering a service.

Is what I'm doing legal? I'd think since I'm not advertising as a business I would be fine. But I'm not knowledgeable about these things.

There's a guy that owns a local PC repair shop near me, that posts ads. He's a hothead and has been very unfriendly to me in the past. He knows my name and location, which my ad contained. Oddly enough my ad was flagged a couple hours later. Just found it odd that my ad got flagged while his and several others haven't.

Opinions?

Solution
The only thing that would be illegal is if you dont claim the income on your taxes.

If you started making a few thousand a year and had deductable expenses then it is frowned upon by IRS to report the income and not form a business, which could lead to an audit, but not illegal in any way.

Completely possible you got flagged because he flagged you, assuming you dont have any offensive language or any name calling to his shop. If you are at all worried then read-up on craigslits's policy.
The only thing that would be illegal is if you dont claim the income on your taxes.

If you started making a few thousand a year and had deductable expenses then it is frowned upon by IRS to report the income and not form a business, which could lead to an audit, but not illegal in any way.

Completely possible you got flagged because he flagged you, assuming you dont have any offensive language or any name calling to his shop. If you are at all worried then read-up on craigslits's policy.

Solution