Need help finding perfect 4k monitor for my 295x2

Servant_JeonX

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
I have been going back and forth trying to figure out which monitor or Tv will give me what i'm looking for. Which is basically just playing games/movies in 4k. I currently am using a 4k monitor ( but to my ignorance it's only 30hz) I am looking to replace it, but i'm finding it difficult to find a monitor/tv that still also supports my input choices that are available to me. i.e. 4 mini display ports. So my question is what set up will allow me to have a mini display port to my GPU, but also connect to my monitor or tv while maintaining 60hz.

Sidenote: If there is a better option for gaming such as 1440p or higher refresh rate monitors that I should be interested in I am down for that as well.
Thanks in Advance!

-Lone-

Admirable
If you want a decent priced monitor, I'd go with this one. The Samsung one have some strange issues from what I have read in other threads. I don't see many threads about problems on this one. It is only like $50 more or less than the Samsung.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-pb287q

If you want cable recommendations, this is the one I use and it has been working for months.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7RM2TG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In most games, especially older games, I would disable CFX unless you are playing a game that absolutely needs CFX such as Crysis 3, other games don't need it as much. You should get constant 60 fps at 4k ultra in older games with CFX off.

Servant_JeonX

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

Would 4k gaming be the highest of quality gaming or would say a 1440p at 144z out trump the resolution?

-Lone-

Admirable

That's more of a preference, do you want the best possible picture quality to look at or do you just want a very smooth gaming experience. But at 4k, some games you won't be able to always get 60 fps, so it is a question of if you can stand having like 40-ish fps sometimes in exchange for a very clear picture.