AM3 socket, get best cpu for or get new motherboard with socket?

G

Hello.

I've been stuck with a cheap build for a long time, which consist of an AM3 socket motherboard with an Athlon x3 sitting in it. My video card is an GTX 560 ti.

The truth is I'm waiting til' next year to do a big upgrade on my PC, because I think that should be the year that 4K should start to settle and so should the hardware and software to support it. But if it's worth it enough to make my build a little more tolerable, I'd like to upgrade a tiny bit now until I wait.

I'd like to max Crysis 3 at decent fps like 30+ at 1080p (not so much AA) the cheapest I could. People say the best and cheapest card to do that was something around the Readon 280. I imagine that would bottleneck like heck with my CPU.

This is where I ask, would this card bottleneck with the best processor for the AM3 socket? If so, what would be the cheapest motherboard and CPU combo that would be mostly absent of Bottleneck with this Readon card?
If I could safely overclock to the level of the best CPU on the socket, I'd like to know if that is possible as well.

G

Thank you for your reply.

My motherboard is the Asus M4A88T-M. On the box it says "Phenom 6-core ready" which is what that processor you mentioned appears to be, looks pretty good.

Do you happen to know if it would work alright with that video card I was talking about (Readon R9 280)? Bottleneck?