Would the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q make a good triple monitor setup

Thenid307

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Everything about this monitor is great except from the TN panel. I'm worried if I create a three monitor setup from this it will force wider viewing angles which would make the colours not look the same on all the monitors. I'm not sure as Im not an expert on monitors. Would having one ROG swift in the middle and two IPS monitors to the sides fix that problem??

Thanks,

With unmatched screens you can see speed differences from screen screen sometimes. The color match will not be perfect even with the same screens in some cases too. This is why some users calibrate them all.

The swift is about speed over all else so the TN panel color shift can be a pain.

With the screens slanted like \_/ with you on the open end and not such extreme angles should reduce the TN color shift(you would not want the screens one next to the other in a perfectly straight line) but one way or another TN screens are lighter at the bottom and darker at the top most times.

I recommend you take your current screen and place it in these side positions and see how it looks to you from your normal sitting location. Also make sure you have the power for such a setup and remember that G-sync only works over displayport. so I am not even sure you can do that with a single card(it would have to have 3 displayport connectors).

AlkanphelUK

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015

Display port can daisy chain so you only need 1 DP output on a video card, even for triple screens so long as the panels have dual DP inputs.

Interesting point, I was not aware that all devices had this support.

Thanks for the information.

It may be worth noting that bandwidth seems to play a roll, so 120/144hz screens will take more bandwidth.
http://www.displayport.org/cables/driving-multiple-displays-from-a-single-displayport-output/

It seems many companies have displayport hubs too.

chenw

Honorable
Wait for Acer's XB270HU, it's RoG swift except it's IPS. From the few people I have heard that has the monitor, it basically equals Swift in pixel performance and superior in most other things like viewing angles etc.

SameerD

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
I'm debating the exact same question. If I'm running a surround setup, I would be very particular about 2 things - the bezels and G-Sync. As a result, I would prefer the ROG Swift over any other panel available today. I agree with AlkanphelUK, but I'd like to point out that the ROG Swift has exactly 1 Display port input (the single only reason it's taking me long to finalize whether or not to buy it myself). So, daisy chaining is not an option here. A GTX 980 or higher is the only option if one has to take advantage of G-Sync. And from what I read, one would require significant pixel power to drive a triple ROG Swift (2K @ 144 Hz) setup, something like a pair of Titans in SLI. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

TRENDING THREADS