When waking PC from sleep my monitor will not wake up with it

USA007

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Whenever I wake my computer from sleep, my monitor will lose connection with the PC. To get the screen to display anything, I either have to unplug and plug back in the HDMI cable at either end, or restart my computer. When my computer is waking it makes the "device disconnected" sound, which I assume to be my monitor. When I plug the HDMI cord back in the "device connected" sound goes off.

Is there anyway to fix this? I have tried multiple monitors/tvs and the PC has this problem with every one of them. I also have switched the hdmi cable out a couple of times. I've tried searching for similar situations online, but most threads don't have an answer, or the problem is resolved because of problems with hardware I don't have.

MY BUILD:
Windows 7
GTX 680
i5-3570k
Asrock z77 Extreme 4 Mobo
128GB SSD
Asus Monitor 27"

BigBadBeef

Admirable
Turn off sleep mode, set it to only power down the monitor after XXX time, leave everything on. Windows 7 has always had twitchy sleep mode.

I don't understand why one should even be bothered with it. All the power you save throughout the entire computer's lifetime amounts to only a bottle of beer in a bar.

USA007

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
the computer is in my bedroom, so having it always running is not ideal. If there is something I want to remain open when I get back on the computer, I usually set into sleep mode. I can get back to what I was doing a lot faster than turning it back on after a complete shut down. I really don't care about the power savings. If the solution is don't use sleep, I guess I'll just get used to waiting

USA007

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
When I put my PC into sleep mode, it only keeps the power to the memory. All the fans shut down and it effectively stops making noise. That is what happens when I press "sleep" on my pc. There is no hibernation option

BigBadBeef

Admirable
Take out the fans! most fans in a computer are basically flights of fancy. All you need for successful cooling is the native component fans for the hardware itself, you don't need most of the case fans. If you are making this thing blow like a hurricane even when idle, then no wonder you want it to go to sleep.

You can see what hardware I have, its some serious power under the hood, I have no extra fans and my temperature of the hottest component never even reaches 70°C, when its rated for up to 80°. But when its idle, its so quiet that you cannot hear a thing from 2 meters away.

Use this to set up hibernation for your PC:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/819-hibernate-enable-disable.html