Please Advise on new PC Build

Jake Rimmer

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
Good Evening,

I have been wanting a new PC for a long time and finally have decided to get a new PC and pay it using the Take 5 system where i pay it over 5 months. I have created a list on Ebuyer which includes all components.

http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/412455

My budget is maxed at £1400 and it's sole purpose is just for Gaming. Most of the components were checked and were recommended by Tom's Hardware. Would appreciate if the alternative components were found on Ebuyer or perhaps a whole other build on another website which has finance options like Ebuyer.

Any Suggestions are appreciated.

Regards

Jake

Vynavill

Honorable
Definitely a solid build. I'd drop the 2400mhz RAM kit for a 1600mhz one. The difference is barely noticeable anyway.
Unless you were interested in going SLI or doing some heavy overclocking down the road, I'd also drop the extreme6 and go for a PRO3 or an extreme4.

They're not mandatory modifications, and it's actually a good build as it is, but if you wanted to save a couple pounds and improve the life of your CPU, I would go down that road.

Jake Rimmer

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
Thanks for the responses so far Vynavill i do agree that right now that the speed in Ram does not hold much difference with people on 3k mhz maybe getting 4-8fps compared to 1333MHz i still think for future proofing it should be included the amount of money i save is not huge in the large scheme of the £1400 build.

Also i worry about the overclocking also i am not a fan of it but for the price many people have advised they have been able to overclock the CPU by as much as .5ghz with the stock cooler and it doesn't overheat. I shall be using that Liquid cooler to see if i can slowly over time increase the load and see what kind of temp it stays at. I will not want it to go higher than 50C on load.

Anyone got any suggestions on the Monitor want a decent one but i am not sure if anything over £200 is maybe a tad too much. I think when looking at anything at 144hz and 1MS refresh i don't think i am going to get much cheaper than 200 probably.