have a linksys router modem combo i want to connec to att dsl xervice by wifi

txreb

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015
bought new linksys n300 all inone wifi adsl - Modem combo. Need to connect to att Dsl. Can I use this. Do not want to open as I cant return if I do. Do not know password to old 2wire ATT gateway, also. Please any suggestions help ful as i have soent hrs reading help and forums with no real answers, Thanks Pat

g90814

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
You need to contact AT&T to see if they support the new device. You can't just hook up any DSL modem and have it work.

If they do support it, they can tell you how to set it up. Of course, most of this will be in the users manual.

You have to be very careful with ATT a lot of there stuff is rigged so you can't swap it out. Things related to uverse are the most difficult. ATT has a number of offerings and its gets very tricky to figure out which you have. Some of their DSL is actually VDSL which needs a special modem/router.

If you are lucky and you just have their standard DSL package you might be able to swap it out. Mostly what you are going to need is the userid and password that is used in the PPP configuration.