Main monitor shuts off when connecting a third monitor to my two monitor display

Mugenhx

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
So, I recently got a new, third monitor to use for my work setup. The problem is, I cannot use all three of them at the same time. I am aware that for AMD graphics cards (which is what I am using; r7950 twin frozr II) you need to either use a displayport or an active adapter. And I have done so. I am using one dual link dvi going straight into the dvi plugin on my gpu, an active dvi to mini dp adapter, and another hdmi to mini dp adapter. I thought that this worked, after doing countless amounts of research on the internet. But every time I try to connect the third monitor, my main monitor (in the middle) does not detect, so only the two outer monitors will. So I am confused as to what I should do here. I would really appreciate assistance if you can give it.

Mugenhx

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

One HDMI, one dvi, and two mini-dp. I had tried using the HDMI itself without my extra dp adapter, but that did not work either, which is why I then tried that extra adapter.

Mugenhx

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

This is the adapter.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4GS1R38283&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Mugenhx

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

Hmm. What happens is this basically: after I plug in the third monitor, my middle one goes to a blank screen. The other two work, and I can move the cursor into my middle monitor, it is just black. Does that help at all? I'm trying to be as informative as possible, here, but this whole thing just makes no sense.

Mugenhx

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

I would not say that it is impossible, but the fact that it works makes me think that that is not the case here. Because it is not like the adapter does not work at all. Either way, thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Although I am genuinely out of ideas at this point.