Need Computer Store Business Owners Advice (Past or Present)

sniper7777777

Honorable
Sep 22, 2014
Need Computer Store Business Owners Advice (Past or Present)

I own a computer store {no im not a guy who likes computers and just decided to open a store} i have a great location great client list busy area i do very well at marketing myself and everything here at my shop is very professional. my first month went way better than expected and this march has been pretty good too. Sales are pretty good im just having trouble getting street traffic to come in also im trying to push computer repairs over sales but repairs has not been what i was expecting yet the tigerdirect service manager told me they get 100 jobs a month (may go up now since their closing) MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I CHANNEL THE PEOPLE IN NEED OF REPAIRS TO COME INTO MY SHOP. Also just in general any advice to get more people to come into my place for any reason. Please any feedback will help
{and some feedback i do advertise both locally with flyers and online web search engine google advert etc. i am apart of the Chamber of commerce and do offer almost everything a computer store can offer [thats computer related]}

Solution
Marketing, networking, attend local user groups...
Some cities and towns have beginner PC classes....possibly attend or advertise there

'Street traffic' for repairs is tough, because people aren't walking around with a broken PC or laptop.

USAFRet

Titan
Marketing, networking, attend local user groups...
Some cities and towns have beginner PC classes....possibly attend or advertise there

'Street traffic' for repairs is tough, because people aren't walking around with a broken PC or laptop.

Solution

MJR1

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
Offer $50 off any repair service. Key is to get people in the door and wow them. Under promise, and over deliver.

Could also offer Free virus removal. This gets the box in the store and gives you opportunities to suggest/sell other hardware and services.