Why does my monitors keep shutting down? (somewhat rare issue)

shapedude

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015
The issue I'm having is where my computer monitors are both simultaneously go into sleep mode randomly. When it happens mouse and keyboard seem to become unresponsive and no noises will play afterwards. Both screens I am using go completely blank after displaying that they are going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to get the computer working again after it occurs is to press the power button on the case and restart windows. The issue typically occurs while I am playing games that are not easy on a computer but will happen when simply browsing the web occasionally.

Specs:
Graphics card: Sapphire 290x
Hard drive: 1tb WD Blue
PSU: CORSAIR HX750
CPU: AMD fx 8 core black edition
RAM: Corsair 16gb 1600mhz
motherboard: 990 FXA-GD80

I have already tried many things and am only posting something here because I need some more ideas and hopefully input from someone more experienced than I am. In order to avoid suggestions I have already tried I will attempt to list everything I have already tried to fix the issue.

• Windows reinstall
    Have virus protection, have enable and disabled multiple times
    Already monitored Temps on GPU and Vram, both remain under 80C
    Running all Current drivers and Bios
    Have 2 separate pcie cords going to each slot on the 290x
I have considered that maybe the issue lies in that the motherboard, psu, or graphics card is faulty in some way but I have no means that I am aware of to test this theory any further than I already have. I want to avoid going out and just buying new parts to solve my issue I want to identify what is causing it before taking any such action. Any reasonable suggestions would be much appreciated.

shapedude

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015

I could try this my only concern is that I find it very unlikely that both separate cords to each separate monitor in my dual monitor set up are going bad simultaneously.