Changed cpu cooler and monitor doesn't work

QQelf

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
Hey guys!so I just installed my new artic freezer 7 pro rev 2 (cooler)and now my monitor doesn't have any signal..any idea?when I boot it,all fans work and it beeps once (as always)
It had preapplied thermal on it (the cooler),I cleaned it from the previous one(thermal paste from cpu).
Oh and btw cpu was stucked on stock cooler,I removed it gently and replaced it correct.if that matters.
Also keyboard and mouse doesn't give any signal when I boot it.
Pc was working before i replace the stock cooler with the new one.
Sorry for my English,it's not native language.

thanks in advance.

Solution
theres a good chance you have bent a pin on the cpu.
is the monitor showing no signal or jumping straight into standby?
turn the pc off at the wall. turn the monitor on. wait for no signal and then wait till the monitor goes into standby(should be less than 10 seconds)
now turn the monitor off and on again. wait for no signal and then power on the pc. does the monitor jump into standby immediately?

if so then dead cpu?.
all you can do is check for bent pins and check for thermal paste in the cpu socket.. clean and remount. try again.

QQelf

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
Sorry but English isn't my native language..no I didn't remove cmos battery,I could try to explain u better,just tell me what u don't understand,and I'll try to be more specific.thanks in advance.

theres a good chance you have bent a pin on the cpu.
is the monitor showing no signal or jumping straight into standby?
turn the pc off at the wall. turn the monitor on. wait for no signal and then wait till the monitor goes into standby(should be less than 10 seconds)
now turn the monitor off and on again. wait for no signal and then power on the pc. does the monitor jump into standby immediately?

if so then dead cpu?.
all you can do is check for bent pins and check for thermal paste in the cpu socket.. clean and remount. try again.

Solution

QQelf

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
First of all thanks for your response.
I've tried that, and the answer is yes it goes directly into standby..
What do u mean with 'you have bent a pin'?
If u mean that I destroyed it or smth like that,I don't think so coz I was extremely carefull.
As I said pc was working fine like 1 hour ago.till I change the cooler.

So far I've removed + replaced cpu and cooler 5 times..cpu seems to be fine ( I mean nothing missing,can't rly figure out how to say it proper).

P.s I i know I make lot of mistakes and it makes it even harder to understand me 100% and help me, thanks for been so kind to me.

And you said the original cooler was a little stuck to the processor when you took it off.

That could have put a little too much pressure on the socket and caused damage to the pins. Do what HEXiT said and pull the CPU out of the socket again and make sure there isn't debris inside the socket or bent pins.

QQelf

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
Alright, I'm gonna try it again when I wake up and let you guys know what happened.

So basically if do that once again,remove and place again cpu and nothing happends means that cpu is dead?

Last question for now, every time I remove cooler from cpu I have to apply new thermal paste?

Thank you very much!

QQelf

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
So I showed it to a friend of mine and he said some of cpu's pins where twisted (can't say the word exactly so I hope that u understand, mby bent?)none was broken tho.
he set em right ,after 2 hours of trying..we reconnected cpu and the cooler,still nothing..

Prolly cpu is dead I guess..

I'm gonna take it to a store that fix and sell pc's to get an opinion From them also.

Any suggestion?is my cpu dead or there is a chance that it still alive?