Installed RAM on my Computer, Now What??*Had to reset BIOS after messing things up*

RoyalBlue

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
So I put together an impressive beast a year or two ago that would make it so I only needed to insert new cards in a slot to keep up instead of buying a new desktop every 3-5 years. Computer Specs as followed:

CPU AMD FX 8350 8 Core Processor on 64bit Windows 7 System (liquid cooled)
AMD Radeon 7800 Series Graphics Processor
990 FX Extreme Motherboard
16 GB of RAM (upgraded to 24 then now 32 with Corsair Vengence)
1TB Internal with 1TB and 80GB external HD

Anyways I could always play games at max settings but I wanted to play a game (WW1 mod of Napoleon Total War) with max graphics settings with upto 30,000 soldiers on-screen at once. As soon as I plugged in the first 8 it was recognized as 24 GB RAM. However I noticed that the extra RAM wasn't being used so I downloaded all the different programs such as ASRock and AMD Catalyst. I think I messed something up tooling with my computer until my dumbass realized that the Motherboard only takes pairs of duplicate RAM cards so I had to order another single stick. My computer has been running a lot slower recently but I reset the BIOS yesterday while waiting and it seemed to help it A LOT. However now that I got my RAM card in the mail after shutting off and unplugging my computer, I had to take out one of the basic RAM cards inside my computer to have access to the two other slots opening slots 3-4 before plugging them in. I wanted to post on here to see how I could have access to my RAM but now I have to restart my computer to try and have my CPU recognize all the RAM plugged in like it did before.

I tried to be as short and concise as possible regarding my issues. My cputer is running on 8GBs of RAM now so it's really slow. Does anybody have any advice to get my computer to recognize the RAM I put in automatically or again like it did last time?? My next question hopefully after I get my RAM installed will be to have my computer utilize so I don't have to use Readyboost anymore, along with what settings I should tool my computer upto. Thanks for they help!

RoyalBlue

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
Ok I realized I was treating my RAM to delicately it's now snapped into place but says 32GBs RAM installed (16 GBs usable). How can I make it so my computer has access to all of it?

RoyalBlue

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
haha you guys are a genius! Well not you particularly jk but I typed in my problem and got an earlier post from 2013 on this forum just had to type sysconfig and enable it now I got all 32 bits workings...

Now my next questions. Even though it says 32 GB of RAM installed how can I get the maximum out of my RAM for gaming configuration wise for my hardware. I heard my 8 core processor only uses the 6 cores and I can enable those along with what other things can I bump up to ensure speed?

RoyalBlue

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
What can I do for CPU and CPIE settings to get best performance? Also GPU, and I remember seeing a bar before showing how much of my RAM was being used and almost all of it was gray and I think I had to reset my BIOS because I changed that because it made it look like my computer wasn't even touching it because 1 was Used RAM 1 was something else 1 was Free RAM and one was Unused RAM. How can I change it so all is FREE RAM but my computer just doesn't poor all 32 GBs into running chrome or one single program unless I'm gaming?

RoyalBlue

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
I mean all my steam games are coming up flashing not working, guess I'll just have to pay to get my CPU fixed after just installing RAM